by Nikky Wates
(Los Angeles, California, US)
It is hard to deny that the mobile phone has become as important as cars in today’s world. Having a cell phone has almost become a requirement to fit in to society as people need to stay connected at all times.
With such a need, people fall prey to the great expenses that can occur from having a mobile phone with cell phone service companies that take advantage of the opportunity. But there are indeed ways to save moneyon a mobile phone service.
Here are some of them:
1. Keep your service plan up to date. Mobile phone companies keep changing their service plans and there are usually better deals as the competition gets tighter.
Always check look for new plans and change to cheaper ones whenever you can, unless you have a certain lock-in agreement that will cost youmoney to change to other service schemes.
2. Take advantage of your free calling hours. A lot of mobile phone services now offer free calls, even for long distance, during certain hours or days. Always be informed as to when these free periods are and take advantage of them.
Make the most of your calls during these times so that you aren’t charged additionally. If you aren’t expecting important calls during non-free hours, you might as well turn off your phone and wait for the free hours before you turn it on.
3. Screen your calls to avoid unnecessary incoming charges. If you don’t know the number calling you, you may opt not to answer the call and just wait for the caller to leave a voice mail.
Usually, people who don’t have important matters won’t bother to leave a message, so you can just assume that the call isn’t important if they don’t leave one.
4. Take advantage of free calls within the same service. Normally, cell phone companies offer free calls within their network.
Subscribe to the network where most of your contacts are also subscribed to so you can take advantage of uncharged calls within your own mobile phone service.
5. Update your service area. When you are on a trip out of state, be sure to update your service area. Before you travel, inquire from your service provider if there are codes you can dial so that you are in sync with the area where you will be. This helps you to avoid expensive roaming charges.
Mobile phone services aren’t created equal, some of them may have better deals than others. It is best to know your way around to savemoney on your mobile phone service.
Click here to read more about energy efficient & cost saving tips for the office