by Eva Martinez
(Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA)
We are blessed with the innovative technologies and appropriate utilization of energy around us. There are numerous sources of energy are available to make our living easier.
Energy lights up our home every night, keeps us warm in winters, allows us to get entertainment. Energy has made our lives pleasant all the time without any difficulty.
Today, it is quite hard to live without energy consumption for daily work. Sufficient energy is available for a lifetime but it does not mean that there is no need to conserve it.
In any case, every technology has its own cost. And we have to pay for this cost with cash. Now, you can easily cope with your energy bills. Numerous ways have been derived for lowering home electric bills.
1. Good roof coating helps in deflecting heat. This ensures that your home would significantly maintain temperature on the inside.
2. The well insulated attic will facilitate you in keeping your entire house cool. Attic is one of the significant parts of any house especially in relation to cooling system. But attic can only perform this key purpose if it is insulated properly.
The attic door should also be sealed make sure that air from the house is not going through it and vice versa. Weather strippers are best to seal the attic door.
3. Securing leaks around your house will also aid you in controlling energy lost. These leaks have a great deal of contribution in high cost of home electric bills.
Since, leaks make possible for air to go out of the house and vice versa. This results in increase of workload of home’s heating/cooling system.
You know that air moves in accordance to air pressure together with temperature. Mostly the temperature inside the home differs from the outside one and air can easily move through these leaks.
So, make it sure that leaks are sealed well. Consequently, less work is done by cooling and heating system of your house. Eventually, it cuts down your house electric bill.
4. Reduce the thermostat to save a lot of money. 1°C equates the 5% of electric bill savings. So, always keep your thermostat at low temperature.
You can keep it further low during sleeping or when you are out of home for saving more money. 68 °F is an ideal temperature of thermostat during winter season.
5. Water heaters also utilized a large amount of energy. Therefore, try to limit its use. It is the second largest energy consumer after cooling/heating system of your house. A
void the use of hot water to wash your clothes because it is the job of detergents to eradicate germs from clothes. This will help you in saving as much as 90% of energy which would be consumed by the washing machine.
6. Use of energy efficient materials and appliances around your home is another way to save your money at energy bills. These commercially available items would considerably add to the reduction home energy bills. One of these items is power efficient windows, which deflect the outside temperature from inflowing into your house.
You can lower your house electric bills to your desired level by following the above mentioned ways.
Click here to read more about energy saving tips