by Rhonda Fleming
With the quick turnover of computer technology, people normally think computers add too much to their expenses. It seems that every month, something new comes a long, and before you know it, your computer is outdated and needs to be replaced.
But computers don't really have to eat up your hard earned money. In fact, you can actually save money by using the computer. Here are someways of saving money that people just ignore.
1. Use online directories instead of calling directory assistance. You actually spend around a dollar each time you call the directory assistance.
Why should you spend that extra dollar if you can find the same information by yourself through the internet? By using online directories, you can ask for as many listings as you want without shedding an extra cent.
2. Read literature online. There are many free books online, from children’s stories to age-old classics.
With such a wide resource of reading materials, you really don't have to buy books, you can just read the free ones online whether for your own leisure, or for your kid’s bedtime stories. You also save a lot on shelf space.
3. Get your maps and directions from online services. Why should you buy an expensive map if you can get the same information online and even get directions to your destination?
There are also great travel guides on the internet, and you can take advantage of them whenever you travel.
4. Listen to streaming music and legally free mp3s. There are endless lists of music to listen to online. Some of them can be downloaded while others are streamed to your computer.
Instead of buying CDs or music videos, why not take advantage of this free music selection. There are several sites that cater to all preferences in music.
5. Cook online!. Well you can't really use the computer as a stove but you can indeed get great recipes online. Why buy a cookbook if you can get the same great recipes through the internet.
In fact, some authors of the most popular cookbooks actually post their recipes on their websites for free.
6. Collect online coupons. There are so many bargains and couponsavailable online. Some of them you can even use in real-life stores, restaurants, and other establishments. You can print these coupons and shave off significant portions when you buy.
The computer is a great tool not only for work and school but also for keeping a healthy budget. Try out these things and see how much you can save.
Click here to read more about energy efficient & cost saving tips for the office