Now already applying for the green card was a tough go, further it was topped by an eager wait of several days, for the application’s approval! And finally, you have reached up to the green card interview level! Well, congratulations, you know that you have actually come a long way through and now you don’t want to miss on the opportunity. Green card interview is the most prominent step, as it decides your fate, whether you’ll be able to reside in the United States or will it be a ‘next time, tough guy’ situation!! So now my question is, are you aware of the green card interview tips, the green card interview employment based questions, green card interview documents, etc.? I hope you must have already worked on to all these things a lot! But, if you haven’t, then be serious and get ready. Follow the tips mentioned below, as an aid to clear the interview successfully.
Tips for a Green Card Interview
- If you have cleared the application process, the CIS sends you a prior intimation, specifying the date and venue of the interview and it also gives a list of all the green card interview documents that you need to bring along with you. So ensure that you reach on time (possibly before time!!) and have all your documents well filed, handy, in proper sequence and well intact to present them before the concerned authority during the interview.
- The officer would also ask you questions which you had already answered during the green card application. So take care that your answers are the same and do not differ from the ones written in the application. Read your application many times before facing the interview.
- Cell phones into the immigration services buildings are strictly prohibited. Therefore, do not carry your cell phones to the office and do not talk on your cell phone in the interview waiting area.
- Just relax till your turn. Sometimes you might have to wait for a long time. The authorities might be checking on your patience, so be patient enough and do not get excited on any occasion, as this is not at all expected out of you!
- Dress code is also an important aspect. Men should come in a nice and decent formal attire, while women should also come in formals, with dresses of appropriate size or pant suits.
- Be careful while listening to the questions, do not get confused and answer anything that comes to your mind. Too much of silence or too much of quickness on hearing the questions, might ignite doubt in the officer’s mind. Therefore, think for sometime and then answer.
Some of the commonly asked questions have been discussed further. Read them carefully and be ready with the answers before going for the interview. The questions depend upon the reason for which you have applied. However, some common questions include, the name of the first President of the United States, political parties of the United States, flag description, White House location and significance, capital of US, names of some states in the country, independence day of the United States, etc. Green card application for employment, might include the nature of work, work permit, organization status, how did you acquire the job, etc. For a green card interview through marriage, questions concerning the date of marriage, birth details of the spouse, common hobbies, etc. are expected to be asked.
Following all the above tips would help you clear the interview without much efforts. The bottom line is to be punctual, confident, particular, obedient and positive throughout the green card interview. One last thing… All the Best, I know you desperately need it!!