Q: What is home health care?
A: Home health care is a service that permits patients to receive personalized health care, maintaining their quality of life in the privacy and comfort of their homes.
Q: Why home health care?
A: Home health care is a cost-effective option for receiving health care services. Returning to one’s home and family can quicken recovery and improve the quality of life for both patient and family or caregiver.
Q: Who pays for home health care?
A: Most health insurance companies, HMOs, PPOs and Workers Compensation cover home health care. In addition, Medicare and Medicaid pay for home care services. Some insurance providers do not cover all home health services. Our staff will verify health coverage for the patient.
Q: What criteria are required for Medicare to approve services?
A: The following criteria are used to meet Medicare requirements:
• The patient is a Medicare recipient.
• The patient must be homebound. This is defined by Medicare as “normal inability to leave the home and that leaving the home requires considerable and taxing effort.”
• The skilled care must be medically necessary as determined by the physician.
Q: What if I have a problem at night or on the weekend?
A: We have registered nurses on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q: Do I need a physician’s order for home health care?
A: Yes, all health care provided in the home occurs under direct order and supervision of the patient’s physician.
Q: What types of services can be provided at home?
A: Many medical conditions that previously required hospitalization can safely be treated in the home. Home care services may include but are not limited to:
• Observation and assessment of condition
• Patient and family education of disease process
• Management and evaluation of patient care plan
• Medication education and management
• Dressing changes
• Home safety education
• Wound care
• Catheter care
• IV therapy
• Ostomy care
• Pain management
• Diabetic care
• Nutritional support
Assistance with Daily Living:
• Light meal preparation
• Light housekeeping
• Grocery shopping
• Medication reminder
• Pet sitting/walking
• Escort to appointments
• Exercise therapy assistance
Q: How does Paloma Home Health Care, Inc. ensure quality care in the home?
A: Providing continuous quality care to patients is paramount to all we do. All patients are given a patient satisfaction survey that is incorporated into our ongoing evaluation process to continually increase our patient satisfaction. New programs and processes are developed through our quality improvement team to promote favorable outcomes.
Q: How do I find out more about home health care?
A: Please call our office to learn more about how you can benefit more about the service, at 972 346 2013
Q: What services can Paloma Home Health Care, Inc. offer?
A: Our services include but are not limited to:
• Supportive Care Education of Disease Process
• Individual and Family Counseling
• Management and Evaluation of Patient Care
• Observation and Assessment
• Home Safety and Emergency Education
• Medication Education
• Assistance with ADLs
• Nutrition Education
• Restorative Therapy (Physical, Occupational and Speech)