by Harriet Bond
(Los Angeles, California, USA)
Almost every kitchen would have their own refrigerator. In fact, the refrigerator is among the many kitchen appliances that consumes about 17 % of your total utility bill every month. As a matter of fact, there are studies that showed that it would take you about 10 years before you were able to pay all the utilities.
Whenever you are going to buy anything, you would have to consider two things: the purchase cost and the monthly maintenance and utility bills you would have to face. There are different kinds of refrigerator that you could choose from. Here are some tips that you could follow when looking for the refrigerator that would suit your needs.
* Canvass and compare. Never be ashamed to compare prices with other products. You should have an idea about the size , model and cost of the refrigerators that you want.
* Measure. Make sure that you have correct measurements of the place where you would be putting the refrigerator. Make or have necessary allotments or spaces so that the refrigerator could easily slide-into place. It is better to have more than less.
* There are different kinds of refrigerators. You can choose among them based of course on what best suits your needs and lifestyle. There are freestanding refrigerators, compact or under the counter fridge, built-in refrigerator, and fridge called counter-depth. All of these types would have their own characteristics and their pros and cons.
* The style of the fridge you will be buying can be determined by the capacity you are after. Size, style and features will be based on the needs of your family. If you have a big family and would but food in bulk, then you can consider having a bigger refrigerator. But if is only going to be for a couple, then a compact or a medium-sized fridge would be a better option.
* Finishes and colors are also factor in choosing the right refrigerator. why? Cause it could have an impact on the price. Second, if you have a family and have active children, then having a finish that can be cleaned easily will do.
* Features are also important. A frost-free feature is the best feature out there, but not all refrigerators have one. Aside from that, a refrigerator could also have humidity and temperature controls, ice maker and dispenser, reversible door, adjustable shelves, deli or meet keeper, quick cool compartment, freezer shelving, drawers and crispers and glass shelving that would prevent spills from going to nooks and corners and down the next level.
* You would also have to consider disposal of the old refrigerator. Some sellers would include delivery of the new product and collection and disposal of old fridge. This is , of course, available with additional fee. But this is hassle-free since you do not have to go to the landfill and dispose the old fridge yourself.
There are also other things that you could think about when looking for a refrigerator. Special considerations would include how well the fridge would keep your food preserved and frozen. Mothers would always wonder how easy would it be to clean the refrigerator.
If you are looking for an energy efficient machine, then look for the Energy Star label. This contains the energy standards, and those who have met these standards are given the label.
This would also allow you to compare a specific refrigerator to other fridge. Think about the brand of the fridge too.
You do not want to end up buying an equipment that is not dependable and would break down after a few months.
Warranty is also an important factor. Make sure that you will be getting warranty and you are fully aware of its terms.
Before you purchase any equipment, you would have to know the warranty. Make sure that it would include home service. You do not want to haul your fridge to the store to get it fixed.
You do not have to rush into making a decision, take your time. After all, you would be buying something that you are hoping you would be able to use for the next decade. So make a wise choice.
Click here to read more about energy efficient refrigerator