From a fashion point of view, the thought of bamboo clothing probably won’t inspire images of beautiful models walking down some of the world’s most famous catwalks. Not yet anyway.
If the current trend towards bamboo clothing continues then yes, it may not be long before some of the most fashionable clothes are made from bamboo material.
So what are the benefits of bamboo clothing? In this article, we’ll give you at least seven main benefits to consider bamboo as an alternative material to cotton, wool and some of the more popular synthetic fibers.
Benefits of Bamboo Clothing
1. It’s fashionable. Yes, consider the feel of silk combined with the strength and durability of the toughest jeans material and it won’t hurt you in the hip pocket.
2. A great alternative to cotton. In fact, there is a war brewing at the moment as bamboo lays down the gauntlet to cotton. It’s been described as the cotton of the 21st century and for good reason. It has superior anti-bacterial qualities and is extremely moisture absorbent.
3. It’s very versatile. Bamboo fiber breathes better than it’s rivals and more importantly, regulates temperatures extremely well. In fact, it’s versatility means it can adapt to both cool and warm climates. It’s ability to evaporate perspiration has both personal and hygiene benefits. In other words, odor is eliminated very effectively.
4. It’s durability means it can withstand tough wash cycles as well as adapting to home driers. It’s able to release soil and stain more effectively than it’s counterpart materials.
5. Those who suffer from skin irritations will appreciate it’s ability organic nature. In a nutshell, because it’s organic skin irritations are almost a non-issue and for those who spend a good part of their lives out in the sun, it’s ability to resist UV rays makes it a natural choice clothing in sunny conditions.
6. Because of bamboo’s ability to resist disease means no harmful chemical spraying is required in it’s natural growing state unlike cotton, which means less chance of allergic reaction.
7. Environmentally, bamboo clothing is hard to beat because of the renewable and sustainable nature of the plant.